A core part of working here at Fluency is the opportunity to make a profound impact on virtually every aspect of our business—regardless of location. Spanning across 17 states—and counting—we’ve built quite the dynamic team and we want you to get to know them. That’s why we’ve created The Fluency Five, a five question blog series about what makes our employees special and what they love about working here.
Getting to know Sierra Calabresi, Marketing Manager
1. What brought you to Fluency?: I was looped into Fluency by former colleagues of mine and started with the company initially as a contractor fulfilling the current writing and editing needs. My role quickly evolved from content management to overseeing our brand and marketing needs as Fluency’s Marketing Manager. I have 10+ years of experience in digital marketing and I have never worked for an organization like Fluency—the culture and camaraderie (even in a remote-first environment) is so genuine and energizing.
2. What’s something interesting about what you do at Fluency?: As the marketing manager for Fluency, I am behind the scenes “quarterbacking” (as Mike Lane, our CEO referenced the other day) much of our brand and marketing efforts. I get to direct our third-party relationships with major players like Ad Age, G2, TechCrunch… the list goes on. I get to collaborate with customer success and sales on what they’re hearing from our prospects and customers and co-create a really dynamic content strategy. Not only that, I am also getting my hands dirty on a daily basis by writing a lot of the content that we share via our website and social media. My role is constantly evolving and I am here for the ride.
3. In your opinion, what is the most interesting thing about Fluency?: It’s definitely a combination of our people and our product. We have daily meetings with the entire company and I am constantly learning from my peers. I am blown away by everything our teams are creating, from advancements in our platform to cultivating dynamic relationships with our team… we have something really unique and special here.
4. Can you tell us something personal about you?: I am a certified breathwork and meditation facilitator and have the honor of leading our team through mindfulness sessions twice a week. I am also very passionate about overall wellness, so when I am not working on Fluency’s brand and marketing efforts, you can find me taking a Pilates or strength class, making smoothies in the kitchen, or spending time in nature with my husband, our daughter and our rescue pup.
5. What are you most looking forward to this year in your role and/or at the company?: Our company definitely has its pulse on the industry and what the future looks like. It seems like we’re constantly ahead of the curve, so I am excited to see what we all co-create and how we continue to grow culturally, departmentally and as a company.