While the question may come from our clients, our partners, or any of our people, the answer always starts with Engineering.
An Emphasis on Engineering Excellence
From the outset, we’ve had big dreams for what Fluency could achieve. Building a healthy and sustainable organization centered around a thriving working environment where imagination, intellect, and innovation have free rein is part of that vision.
We won’t get there by taking shortcuts; the success of the company is hard earned—not given— and we define that success on delivering real, relevant, tangible value to clients. We believe that making an advertising execution platform that allows our clients to configure automation is key to delivering that value. To do so effectively, there must be interconnects between existing systems and our platform, in terms of both inputs and outputs. In order to achieve this, we’ve made Engineering central to all our efforts.
Our Engineering teams operate with a set of guiding principles that cover everything from clear definitions of "business value" to core application ideals. Among these principles, we see the following as mission-critical:
- We will help improve our clients businesses’ profitability, while making digital advertising attractive and attainable for their customers, by keeping SMB Advertising management overhead minimized.
- We will bring unparalleled efficiencies to today’s inefficient business processes.
- We will work to improve operational excellence by ensuring proper checks and balances are taken.
- We will be the enabler for our clients to unlock new and compelling opportunities to generate revenue.
- Our application must provide fast access to common workflows.
- Although we will provide recommendations and guidance, our application must empower our clients, not being overly restrictive.
- We will make our software do what software does best, reduce or eliminate the repetitiveness.
- We will endeavor to make integrations as pain free as possible for our clients.
If you're an Engineer looking to make a big difference, check our positions below, or reach out and we'll grab some time to talk.
Open Engineering Positions
Our team is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex technical problems, and delivering a leading enterprise software platform for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with a dynamic team, have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and who have the passion and skills to take our company to the next level.
An Advertising Engineer position is one that is highly technical and involves working directly with our Clients and the Fluency Team. This includes launching clients on our platform and managing and monitoring them ongoing. An Advertising Engineer is core to our client relationships. The ability to be technical, project manage, QA, code, multitask, teach and build relationships is key to the position.
External Role Duties:
- Establish post sale relationships with points of contact.
- Educate users how to leverage the Fluency platform and then help them to it.
- Help clients adapt old and new advertising strategies for the Fluency platform.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise - escalate issues to engineering team.
- Travel to meet with clients, up to 25 percent, but typically less, we do not travel in the current COVID world.
- Conduct scheduled meetings including QBRs
Internal Role Duties:
- Report back to all internal stakeholders on client issues/problems/requests/sentiment.
- Manage tickets on customer issues..
- Contribute to onboarding guide/best practices.
- Contribute to existing ‘how to’ guides for Fluency platform products and features.
- Contribute to internal process documentation.
- Identify KPIs to monitor the success of clients' post Fluency platform adoption (client
- retention rate, client employee retention rate, increased ad budgets, advertising budgets etc.)
What We Look For:
- Drive for success
- Absolute Expert in Digital Advertising; PPC/FB/Display
- Track record of working directly with clients and helping them succeed
- Technical mindset in understanding dynamic advertising
- Loves feedback, adapts and grows
- Passion and expertise working with peers
- Extensive Experience with the advertising industry a plus
The Fluency Engineering Team is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate about digital advertising. We blend the art and science of advertising into simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and deliver leading edge software products to our customers.
This Software Engineer position is full time remote. We have a Burlington, VT office as well. This position works closely with the entire engineering team and key stakeholders across the company to execute our strategic priorities. A Senior Software Engineer has strong leadership skills and is able to self direct. This position requires self management, including self learning, with the ability to write the best possible code while guiding others on best practices. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker that is highly motivated to execute and capable of wearing multiple hats every day.
- Plan and execute projects based on the product development pipeline and assignments
- Triage incoming issues that couldn’t be resolved by our operations team
- Contribute creatively to the product development pipeline
- Collaboration across the business and functional departments to develop and deploy solutions that address key business initiatives
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality and predictability
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service to our clients
- Other duties as assigned (whatever we forgot to put in here)
What We Look For:
- 5+ yrs in development ideally and/or proven skills
- Degree in a related field a plus but NOT required, we look for proven talent and skill
- Experience establishing, leading, and inspiring world class development
- Leadership capabilities to manage ideas, timelines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines
- Enterprise software development experience
- Knowledge of data-driven development methodologies
- Love feedback and understand iterative development cycles
- Passion and expertise working with engineering, product, and marketing teams
- Knowledge of current development strategies and trends across web application and mobile application platforms
- Experience with the advertising industry a plus
- Have passion, come to work and play hard everyday
Salary ranges from $90,000 - $135,000 based on experience along with equity options.
Fluency is headquartered in Vermont. This position is remote. If local, you have the option to go into the office.
Making an Impact—No Matter Where you are.
A core part of working with us is the opportunity to make a profound impact on virtually every aspect of our business. In addition to our company doubling in size over the past 18 months, our people—spread across 11 states and counting—have only grown stronger individually, departmentally, and culturally.
We have competitive compensation packages, a 401k match, and cover employee health, vision, and dental insurance (along with contributions for family members).
A Stake in Our Success
In addition to bonus plans, we also offer stock options to all employees; as Fluency grows, moves from strength to strength, and meets and exceeds goals, it’s critical that our team shares in the success they’ve enabled.