A core part of working here at Fluency is the opportunity to make a profound impact on virtually every aspect of our business—regardless of location. Spanning across 17 states—and counting—we’ve built quite the dynamic team and we want you to get to know them. That’s why we’ve created The Fluency Five, a five question blog series about what makes our employees special and what they love about working here.
Getting to know Peggy Enderle, Learning and Development Manager
1. What brought you to Fluency? (you can share your work history, what motivated you to apply and work at Fluency? After two decades in non-profit work, I felt energized to pursue my dream of working for a tech company. I grew up in Cupertino and was surrounded by entrepreneurs and new technology all the time and thought it could be a good fit. Also, healthy company culture was at the top of my priority list in the job hunt. Right away, my first interview showed that there was something different about Fluency. I was surprised how much I could relax and be myself during a screening call!
2. What’s something interesting about what you do at Fluency (this can be for your clients, teammates, products)? This is hard to answer! At Fluency I get to do a bit of everything, whether it's implementing new learning technology, creating new company processes, offering interactive training, engaging our clients, etc. I love being able to assess areas of L&D needs, propose a solution, and then make it happen!
3. In your opinion, what is the most interesting thing about Fluency (this can be working at Fluency, day-to-day related)? There is truly no company politics at Fluency, and the leadership makes it a priority to keep it that way. There are no toes to step on, no hoops to jump through, no bureaucracy to get caught up in. There’s a high degree of emotional intelligence, so we don’t have to dance around fragility or arrogance. The amount of trust that is extended to one another is incredible!
4. Can you tell us something personal about you (favorite hobby, fun fact)? I rock climb even though I have a terrific fear of heights! I also love traveling to big cities where I plan out where I'll eat before planning what I'll do.
5. What are you most looking forward to this year in your role and/or at the company?
I love designing learning experiences that get people to that “aha moment.” Gaining a sense of competence and confidence is not just about getting things done, but is core to work satisfaction. This year we are focusing all our L&D efforts towards getting clients and employees to that place!
Join Our Team - We’re Hiring!
Interested in joining our team? We’re hiring! Browse our career page and apply for an open role, today.