A core part of working here at Fluency is the opportunity to make a profound impact on virtually every aspect of our business—regardless of location. Spanning across 17 states—and counting—we’ve built quite the dynamic team and we want you to get to know them. That’s why we’ve created The Fluency Five, a five question blog series about what makes our employees special and what they love about working here.
Getting to know Dillon Lane, Director of Enterprise
1. What brought you to Fluency? What feels like a lifetime ago, I was living in California, working for my previous company and surfing as much as possible. My wife and I both grew up in Vermont and had always said we would move back when the time was right. Finding out that we were pregnant with our first daughter was the motivation we needed to give up our lives in California and make the move back to Vermont. Coincidentally, around the same time I heard that Mike, Eric, Scott and Brian had started Fluency.
As soon as we got back to VT I reached out and set up time to learn more about what they were working on. When I saw what the team had built, I was instantly hooked on the idea of joining and may have pestered Brian until a position opened up. I knew from the first time I met with the four founders that Fluency was working on something that could truly change how organizations can offer advertising to their clients. I wanted to be a part of that.
2. What’s something interesting about what you do at Fluency? I feel like I get to do a bit of everything at Fluency. From diving deep into technical challenges to identify why something happened all the way to helping teammates with personal development. No two days are the same for me and I really enjoy that.
3. In your opinion, what is the most interesting thing about Fluency?
Everyone in our organization is invited to provide input on what we're working on. I feel like I always have the opportunity to be as involved as I want to be with the process of identifying product enhancements. I never feel discouraged to voice crazy ideas or "out there" solutions to problems that our clients have. I think it's really hard for an organization to maintain that type of environment. Everyone at Fluency does a phenomenal job at preserving that.
4. Can you tell us something personal about you? I love to spend my free time hanging with my wife and two daughters. As far as hobbies, I enjoy fixing and restoring old cars. A fun fact is that I have owned over 100 different cars in the last 15 years.
5. What are you most looking forward to this year in your role and/or at the company? In general, I'm excited to see what types of solutions emerge that utilize some of the recent advancements in AI technology. I'm even more excited to brainstorm and help come up with ways that Fluency can incorporate pieces of that into our offering. It's motivating to be able to deliver a solution to clients that has a real impact on their day-to-day work. I look forward to being able to continue delivering those solutions.
Looking to Grow Your Career and Make an Impact? We’re Hiring!
Want to join an innovative company where you can work alongside incredible individuals like Dillon? We’re currently growing our team! Browse our career page and apply today.